SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help on purchase Hunter 450 passage
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012

Strider1234 is on a distinguished road
Help on purchase Hunter 450 passage

Hi, new to forum and need advise. The hunter 450 passage in the slip next to me may be available for $9,000.00 back rent. Yes that is 9 thousand dollars. The owner passed away on board over a year ago. The boat is documented in his estranged wife's name. After over a year my private slip landlords has had no success with correspondence with this owner. He is going to start proceedings to gain ownership. He said it would take 60 days. All he wants is the back slip fees. One hitch though. Right after the live a board owner passed, the boat almost sank due to a leak at a through hole fitting. The water made it over the floorboards before being discovered. It took 9 hours to pump out with a house sump pump. All through holes were then closed and she rides at her normal water line . She has been closed up tight for over 1 year. The batteries submerged but the water only got up to the engine pan. The alternator wet as well. So, my question to all, even with this to consider , would you pass at $9,000.00 ? I have lived the past 10 years on my Bayfield 32 and am very tempted. I also Don,t have 10k available until I sell my own live a board- which I am willing to sell for much below market value to make this deal. I could cash in my Ira at a terrible loss to come up with the cash and then sell my boat to recoup. Any suggestions welcome.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook