SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011 Global Regatta
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012

ccriders is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Global Regatta

Hey Mr. Daddy,
Your changes are just fine with me. I said that the light Alta Vista Light near mark B had been removed, but I was wrong, it is there and your adjusted Mark B is about 1/2 a NM north of the light.
"They" are beginning to dredge the ship channel and have several obstructions just north of where Mark C is located, but I doubt that "they" will get any further south with their dredging operations. However, wind conditions could complicate tacking to Mark C if you take the course clockwise.
Let me know when you are going to sail the course, I'll join you if I can. Not the third week of July however.
Today I sailed the course I sent you. Average speed was exactly 5kts. I forgot to start the timer, so don't have an accurate elapsed time. The wind was SE at 16-19mph gusting 19-22mph at about 155*. I had one reef in the main and the 120 jib and two novice crew, which complicates things. You know, you say; "Prepare to come about" and they continue talking about last weeks church service. Sheesh. Would have been nice to have had a jennaker.
If you want to see what the wind is like on the bay, go here: Pharos Environmental Software
It is a meterological station right near Mark C
Thanks, hope you get to sail this course. Just think, you could start a trophy cup for the first person to sail all of the Global Regatta courses.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook