SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2011 Global Regatta
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2011 Global Regatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccriders View Post
Hey Mr. Daddy,
Your changes are just fine with me. I said that the light Alta Vista Light near mark B had been removed, but I was wrong, it is there and your adjusted Mark B is about 1/2 a NM north of the light.
"They" are beginning to dredge the ship channel and have several obstructions just north of where Mark C is located, but I doubt that "they" will get any further south with their dredging operations. However, wind conditions could complicate tacking to Mark C if you take the course clockwise.
Let me know when you are going to sail the course, I'll join you if I can. Not the third week of July however.
Today I sailed the course I sent you. Average speed was exactly 5kts. I forgot to start the timer, so don't have an accurate elapsed time. The wind was SE at 16-19mph gusting 19-22mph at about 155*. I had one reef in the main and the 120 jib and two novice crew, which complicates things. You know, you say; "Prepare to come about" and they continue talking about last weeks church service. Sheesh. Would have been nice to have had a jennaker.
If you want to see what the wind is like on the bay, go here: Pharos Environmental Software
It is a meterological station right near Mark C
Thanks, hope you get to sail this course. Just think, you could start a trophy cup for the first person to sail all of the Global Regatta courses.
Just remember this from the rules cc -

6. You MUST use a GPS device in your race that has the ability to track your course and time, and output GPX files for this data. Your entries in the BFS Global Regatta will be with these files - which will tell us all the info we need to score the races. You can submit your GPX files by emailing them here. You can submit as many as you'd like as your time keeps improving. We will not accept any other form of time submission.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook