SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rigging up an A-sail
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012

Tweegs is on a distinguished road
Re: Rigging up an A-sail

Appreciate the feedback.

Treilley- Yea, I spend a fair amount of time on those sites. Lots of good general info there, but not much on racing the boat.

Zz4gta- Weíve got a ton of work to do from a crew perspective. Weíre running a 144 phrf and really canít even sail to that. We know of one other Irwin 39 here in the State that has a 126 and wins. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we are bringing on a pro to help tune the rigging. Once thatís done, itís all about us. New main last year, new 135% genny this year (both are Pentax, Mylar/Kevlar), feathering prop this year, new traveler, new Genoa lead tracks and cars, rigid vangÖno excuses left, got to be us.

Seems I didnít take any pics when the mast was down. I need to send someone up to adjust the windex anyway, Iíll have him snap a few while heís up there.

I assume the crane would have to be a custom fab. Easy enough, plenty of machinists here at work that owe me a favor. The question then becomes how much load would be on it. (40 footer with an appropriate size asym).

I keep looking at the bow and wondering how I would put on a sprit or get a block out there. Have a look:
P7250013.JPG

P7250015.JPG

P7250019.JPG
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook