SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solid/Bluewater Center Cockpit with modern interior?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012

Stumble is on a distinguished road
Re: Solid/Bluewater Center Cockpit with modern interior?

CCR,

In your price range there are an incredible number of options. To be honest at the price range you are considering I would seriously recommend moving up in size to a larger boat. The difference in livability is significant, and I can tell you from personal experience going larger is not really that much more difficult if the boat is rigged properly. Past around 40' nothing can be manipulated by hand anyway. But a larger boat will be more sea kindly, make faster passages, and be easier to live on full time.

If you would consider a larger boat my recomendations would be a 54' Irwin Cutter (I lived aboard on on and off for 10 years), if you can find one a Deerfoot 61 CC,

If you are set on 46' max, then you still have a huge variety of options. In your price range, you could go with a new semi-custom, Oyster, Hinkley, ect... I can't say there aren't any, but even the best of the best would likely be under $1,000,000. In this price range you could also have a custom boat built to your specs. Figure about a year and a half for design plus construction.