SailNet Community - View Single Post - Brisbane to Darwin - impressions
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: Brisbane to Darwin - impressions

Thanks for the thoughts. Very interesting to hear!

We did cruised up to Far Nth Queensland last year but didn't get as far as Darwin. We got stuck in Bundaberg at one point and really learned to love the place. Port Bundaberg is certainly one of the most cruiser friendly Marinas up that direction.

The Whitsundays i think get over-hyped. I do still enjoy them, but in reality when cruising Queensland there are prettier islands elsewhere, better snorkelling/diving elsewhere and nicer beaches elsewhere.

Cairns itself is now very backpacker/tourist dominated, but there are nice places around Cairns.

Good luck with Sail Indonesia, I would really be VERY interested in hearing how it all goes for you.

It is something we are considering, we however have the problem that if we Sail Indonesia up to Singapore and don't keep on around( which at the moment we probably wouldn't) we then have to get the boat back to Australia. People have done it, but is doesn't sound like a great deal of fun.

Fair winds, hope you have enjoyed our country.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook