SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pacific Seacraft
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006

lasailor is on a distinguished road
I've posted here on and off asking about different boats. I was recently accused of just 'dating' boats and never committing to one (by a sibling no less). Hey, I'm a single guy, I've an aversion to a LTR thing. That said, since I was a kid I've looked at Pacific Seacraft – first the Flicka, then the Mariah, somewhere there was suppose to be a Bingham 28 (Bruce’s father did it if I recall – there are study plans somewhere in a tube)…the 37 was always out of reach. I've a notebook full of brochures from the 80s on sailboats ranging from 20 feet on up. The dream was put on the shelf a while ago (typical wife/kid not into sailing). In that book there is a brochure that has the Crealock 37 and even a price list for a 1983 boat. This coming Monday one of the early 37’s will be hauled for **my** surveyor to poke and prod and later I'll take my "sea trials." So in the end, dating can lead to what I hope is an LTR. She is an older lady - but I'm an older guy - so we might get along! I've some work to do to her as well as getting my skills back up to speed but the first step may indeed be mine!
:-)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook