SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pacific Seacraft
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 11-07-2006
I've posted here on and off asking about different boats. I was recently accused of just 'dating' boats and never committing to one (by a sibling no less). Hey, I'm a single guy, I've an aversion to a LTR thing. That said, since I was a kid I've looked at Pacific Seacraft – first the Flicka, then the Mariah, somewhere there was suppose to be a Bingham 28 (Bruce’s father did it if I recall – there are study plans somewhere in a tube)…the 37 was always out of reach. I've a notebook full of brochures from the 80s on sailboats ranging from 20 feet on up. The dream was put on the shelf a while ago (typical wife/kid not into sailing). In that book there is a brochure that has the Crealock 37 and even a price list for a 1983 boat. This coming Monday one of the early 37’s will be hauled for **my** surveyor to poke and prod and later I'll take my "sea trials." So in the end, dating can lead to what I hope is an LTR. She is an older lady - but I'm an older guy - so we might get along! I've some work to do to her as well as getting my skills back up to speed but the first step may indeed be mine!
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome