SailNet Community - View Single Post - Female 1st Mate Wanted
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Female 1st Mate Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmoske View Post
Hi out there, Was told this was the place to go for what I seek. I am a 54 year old male. Semi-retired Biomedical Engineer. Sailing since I was a kid, Highly experienced sailor. Race winning skipper and experienced cruiser. Boat is a very well equiped 40 foot Beneteau, one of their best. All the comforts of home. Home port in Massachusetts for now. Experience nice, but can train the right person. For now cruise the Islands, and cape cod. Looking for future voyage to Virgin islands and eventually Austrailia. Looking for a boat mate, lady who loves the sea as I do. Share some expense's.Looking forward to hearing from you, LAS
You know, when I first started Sailnet, I was pretty negative on a lot of these types of threads. I still highly encourage caution from both parties. However, after many years of sailing and being in different waters/places, I will tell you that I run across a lot of great women that are looking for a guy like you. Many will have had kids (or have), many never did but are looking for a different life, and some are screw balls that no one wants on any boat. You can generally spot the latter quickly.

I truly think that you can find someone that meets your aspirations here or other sailing forums. Even hanging out on the docks I run across them. I have found (sure to get me a good razzing from the group here) that after about 35, men often become the prey versus the predators. Of course, if depends on the man and if you look like Ernest Borgnine and have the temperment of a barracuda, good luck. But I think you came to the right place. WHy not Sailnet or related forum to find a friend to sail with you?? THis isn't facebook. If they are here, they have an interst in sailing, one would think!!!

I also couldn't give a crap about spelling. A misspelled word on sailnet doesn't mean you don't know how to spell. It just means you didn't press the spell check button. I misspellllll stuff al the time. No big deal. You can tell the illiterates without a spellchecker.

In essence, I wish you a lot of luck here and I wish the females looking for a sailing friend the same. My only caution to both is that 100 miles out, there is not getting off. Both parties need to be thoughtful that a boat is a committment, no matter your intentions. But in reality, we are all dealing with adults and hopefully are smart enough to know that.

Take it easy and the best of luck in finding a good friend to sail your dreams with. THat's what lifes all about. ANd my wife and kids made it a much better life than without.

Take care,

Brian

PS Degrees in Biology and Chemistry. I was there with you... nothing like being under a hood all day to take out the ole social skills!!!!!

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 07-09-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook