SailNet Community - View Single Post - Offshore Checklist
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012

St Anna is on a distinguished road
Re: Offshore Checklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Smurphny, please do not take my comments as disparagement, Single handers tend to do thing a little different to others. My main comments were directed to your apparent need to surround yourself with unneeded items, just in case. Where I would take the opposite tack and clear the decks of just about everything, except the bucket and fishing gear. My longest single handed non stop trip was 23 days and some hours, this would have been impossible without a good wind vane auto pilot. In fact I do very little hand steering, setting the wind vane as soon as I am out of the leads and sometimes sooner. I work on the theory that everything has its place and it should not be moved to a new location, as when the excrement hits the proverbial and you need get that item right now you will automatically go for said item where it was normally stored.
Well said, I could not agree more. [are you back in Moreton Bay ?]

My 2c are to really learn to know your boat, minimalise clutter and obtain the 'mind set' of looking after yourself and your boat first, second and third.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook