SailNet Community - View Single Post - questions about surveys
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
You know, to comment on the new boat part - ALL NEW BOATS HAVE PROBLEMS. Period. If a dealer is selling you a boat and told you you will not have problems, he is LYING!!! No way!!

Don't think that by buying a new boat you will be trouble-free like a car. It is not a car and it does not work that way. The deciding factor is the reputation of the manufacturer and especially the reputation OF THE DEALER: The dealer makes the difference. Better make sure they really stand behind their warranties becuase many just want to sell and dont want to really do the hard and heavy warranty work becuase there is little or no money in it (from what I have heard). Also, theoretically if you buy a Hunter or a Catalina or Bene, you can take it anywhere to get your warranty work done. I am pretty experienced here and I will tell you that other dealers are not always that interested in doing the warranty work on another dealers boat!!!! Again, it is NOT a car!

Little reality for ya,

- CD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook