SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hanging "dress clothes", suits and such, in the boat
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012
is Awesome!

DavidB.UK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DavidB.UK
Re: Hanging "dress clothes", suits and such, in the boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
David, from what I saw when I skimmed both sites, Travelsmith.com is a little dressier/more professional level clothing, blazers & suits, targets an older and pricier demographic. But you don't need to buy very many pieces, either. I had when working 2 pairs black pants and 1 pair of gray, 5 sweaters/blouses (black, white, gray, red), 2 blazers and a few scarves, that was all I needed - pick a boring style and nobody will remember that you wore the same thing twice. Hell,if what I'm *wearing* rather than what I'm *saying* is the most important thing you remember about me, I'm in trouble anyway ...

Dan has a tan suit of theirs, very classic style, it's been working for him for 6 years, and counting.
I did a search for travel smith and eventually found them.

I must admit I don't thing their stuff is a patch of the Rohan kit, but maybe I have been seduced my the blurb...

Love these trousers for example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan Website
Regular trousers – that happen to be waterproof.

Our Dry Requisite Trousers look and feel like a regular pair of chino-style trousers. Relaxed, casual and classically styled, they’ll look the part in the pub; they’ll toe the line at work and will cut the mustard on the golf course.

But, as you expect from Rohan, they’re packed with the sort of advanced fabric technology that you normally only find in technical trekking trousers.

It all starts with the waterproof and breathable Barricade™ lining. It’s light, soft, flexible and uses our Active Diffusion™ technology to offer amazing breathability and comfort in a wide range of temperatures.

The outer is a tough, textured polyamide with our Durable Water Repellency™ finish. It offers exactly the sort of performance you’d expect from our trekking trousers – it’s hard-wearing, high-wicking and incredibly quick-drying.

Washing the trousers is simple – just throw them in the machine and hang them out. They’ll dry overnight – and they’ll still be waterproof. They require absolutely no special care whatsoever.

In terms of design, we’ve kept it classic. Our Dry Requisites are designed to blend in – not stand out. They feature two hand pockets and two zipped rear pockets. One of the hand pockets includes an internal, zipped security pocket; the other has a small accessory loop designed to secure your car keys or a penknife.

Fabric: 100% polyamide canvas outer with DWR™, 100% polyester lining with Barricade™.
Weight: 550g
Pack Size: 1400ml
Drying Time: 7 hours
They are not suit trousers (with creases down the front), be could certainly be worn with a dress shirt tucked i and dress shoes to a highbrow restaurant, and could just as well be worn with a T-shirt and trail shoes to go trekking through the mountains!

And they are waterproof!

Last edited by DavidB.UK; 07-11-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook