SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hanging "dress clothes", suits and such, in the boat
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road
Re: Hanging "dress clothes", suits and such, in the boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal28 View Post
I'm in a similar situation ... you might want to try Costco for their wrinkle-free dress shirts (button-down collar) ... they ARE wrinkle free and finally coming in some more 'distinguished' colors ... for $20.
While fine for many, some people need to be careful with wrinkle free shirts in general and Costo wrinkle free in particular.

Anyone driving on route 6 in MA last summer may have seen someone pull to the side of the road, leap from the car and rip their shirt off. Yes, that was me and yes, that was a Costco wrinkle free shirt.

As I understand it, the usual way to make cotton wrinkle free is to treat it with urea and formaldehyde (really!). Either Costco uses more or they use something else. Iíve always found wrinkle free shirts could be a little itchy until they had been washed a bunch but, when traveling, I was willing to put up with it for the advantages. The Costco one was in a league of itís own - drove me nuts and I couldnít wash it out. Iíve since discovered a way to get rid of the treatment but then the shirt is no longer wrinkle free.

Yes they are really wrinkle free and great for most people but you might consider trying one before you buy a bunch.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook