SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
To those of you who probably have noticed that your overly acerbic posts have disappeared from this thread, (and I am sure you all know who you are), cut it out.

Jeff, seriously, you think it's ok for someone in our age group (over 40) to denigrate the younger generation without any empirical evidence while I stated clearly that my experience was based only on local observation? Or was it the fact that I mentioned SN posters' large degree of ongoing geographic and experiential myopia? If it's that latter, then please, I'd be honored to be permanently banned from Sailnet or if you prefer, just pull a 'chef' and bow out.

I've worked with and taught a lot of young people over the years in many capacities. In the end, my experiences have overwhelmingly been positive. I'll take my own experience over those who clearly have spent little or no time with generations other than their own. Acerbic? Sometimes. BS is BS and should be called such.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook