SailNet Community - View Single Post - How many young people (say 35 or under)out there
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012

youmeandthed is on a distinguished road
Re: How many young people (say 35 or under)out there

I say this because even today I met another young cruising couple, and the girl thought I was crazy because we used an autopilot to sail for 7 days across the Carribean. "well you're not real sailors" she said, "we hand steered across the Atlantic."

I thought she was nuts, and she thought I was nuts. I told her we are cruisers not sailors.

She said "well you trust your life to a computer?" I replied "everyone does these days Sweetheart, ever been to a hospital?" Plus I added "well when the autopilot quits, we will steer, but until then I will read and watch out for boats, and sleep."

Anyways she thought I was crazy, i thought they were crazy. We were about the same age.

Oh and they had an auto pilot on their boat, I asked if it was a power issue she said it was a sailing issue. Her husband confirmed that it was a power issue. So it's not about age, it's about who you can relate to. In my opinion this girl was an idiot, but my age none the least.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook