SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is this??
Thread: What is this??
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012

Bruce_L is on a distinguished road
Re: What is this??

There nothing really too bad about it. C'mon its fiberglass and the price is right. If you have a place nearby to where you live, preferably a backyard, to work on it you can do it. It won't happen fast but if you see it everyday you'll be more motivated to finish the project. MOTOVATION is the only way you'll get it done. You'll have to dig deep as there is a serous amount of work. I'd worry about getting the boat in safe reliable,sailing condition first, then take her out for a local sail, haul her out after that and get busy on the interior. If you have to leave it at a boatyard, it wont happen. Just too much to drive out everyday and work on their time schedule of business hours. Get it and clean it up but don't throw out anything! You may need a piece or part to use as a pattern. I am totally renovating a 1967 boat that I have stripped down to almost a bare hull. About 1/2 way done now and found about 20 nests inside(and one loud upset frog in the bilge) Should have found 21 as when I removed the sliding companionway door nest number 21 was there and I had no place to run !!! Stung me me right through my jeans too. You will know every square inch of that boat when you are done. There will not be any mystery hose or wire in the bilge that you are clueless about. Think of how many 2012 yachts out there where the owner is at the mercy of the marine technician for every little problem warranty or not. It looks fast just sitting there !!!! Hope you go for it !!!! Bruce
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook