SailNet Community - View Single Post - Southern Ontario sailors...
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
Southern Ontario sailors...

Next week I am sailing from Midland, Ontario to Killarney, Ontario (Georgian Bay).

I had two crew ready to go so I intended to do a night crossing (my first) to Killarney. One of the crew bailed. I would still like to make the crossing in one shot, but I would prefer to have a second crew member to cover watches.

If you have time next week and you would like to sail in some of the most scenic waters in Canada (if not the world!) - granted: it would be at night - drop me a PM.

Here are some details:

Departing Midland Tuesday July 24th (as early as possible - we plan on staying aboard on Monday).

First night: Hope Island, or somewhere up the East side (12-Mile Bay etc.) - depending on wind etc.

Wednesday, July 25th crossing to Killarney (80 - 100 miles depending) - figuring on about 20 hours.

Thursday, Friday - exploring East end of North Channel.

Saturday July 28th arrive in Killarney for drive home.

My wife will be meeting me in Killarney to start our 2-week trip into the North Channel. She will be driving up and the crew will be driving her car back to the marina in Midland.

It's up to you to get to and from Midland.

The boat is a 30' Hunter.

Meals on board and refreshments are supplied. Beer, bevvies etc. within reason....

I do not allow drinking while underway, but a beer or two on the hook is not a problem.

No smoking cigarettes while on board - but wouldn't say no to a nice cigar at night.

I don't want any drugs (non-prescription) on board.

PFD is supplied, but bring your own rain-gear.

Any other questions can be answered vie e-mail, PM etc.

Thanks

Dave

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook