SailNet Community - View Single Post - Puget Sound vs Lake Washington
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012

Lukewarm is on a distinguished road
Puget Sound vs Lake Washington

Hi,

New to the forums. I'm trying to pick up a sailing club to join and take classes and would appreciate any advice you can provide. I've narrowed it down to 1 in Puget Sound and 1 in Lake Washington. I read previous posts and they both received favorable comments so my only concern is which body of water would be good both for learning and to hold long term interests in sailing since both clubs require at least 1 year for their memberships.

The Lake Washington club is much closer to me so would be conducive to more boat time especially after office hours but I'm also very interested in exploring the Puget Sound when I'm better qualified which means around 3 hours from the Lake Washington club and go through the locks to get to Puget Sound.

As a novice, is it better to start and do maybe 1 season in Lake Washington or should I take the longer drive (another 40 minutes further out) to the Puget Sound club right away? If I take Lake Washington, are there enough learning and exploring in the lake to make the 1 year worthwhile?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook