SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2 9.2c - for liveaboard - thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: S2 9.2c - for liveaboard - thoughts?

The S2 is a nice boat under sail, too. Deck stepped mast, center cockpit, perhaps not ideal for ocean crossings but I don't think that's an issue here. it looks to be in good condition and decks can flex without damage, but you need a professional opinion as to whether there was or is damage, and whether the new paint and flooring hides anything.

The one I was on didn't have the Jacuzzi, so perhaps in those golden days the factory offered a Jacuzzi or a holding tank, your choice, only room for one or the other, and you know how that goes.

I'm not a fan of carpet (holds moisture) on a boat, but as long as it is in good shape, I'd say ignore it because pulling it all off and scrubbing the glue off and refinishing all the surfaces, ugh, days of dusty work.

You like the boat, it looks clean, argue about price, give the man a deposit, and get a survey. The price might be high but "condition condition condition" if the boat really is solid and sail-away ready...That's hard to find too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook