SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working while living aboard
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Working while living aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boating2go View Post
I lived aboard for 10 years and worked the whole time wearing suits to work and casual at home. We showered on the boat everyday and never had a moisture problem, did make sure the shower had proper ventilation thought. We've always lived on 40 plus foot boats and had plenty of storage. Also always lived at a marina because unless we are cruising my wife won't live at anchor or at a mooring. Which I happen to agree with her, when I was young my parents lived in a house with no bath and the only running water was a faucet with only cold water. No thanks, I'll do the adventure if cruising or out for a weekend but not everyday.

The pumpout is a must, most marinas I've been at have had a portable pumpout service so you didn't have to leave your slip. The Gangplank in DC will even do it for as part of you slip fee. I always made it a point not to wonder what people at moorings are doing but at the same time I don't fish in any areas close to mooring fields.

Living aboard does have it cons but nothing is perfect, living in a house has its cons also. I've always hated moving grass, had a house with 2 acres of yard at one point man did I hate moving that. I'd sooner be doing something on the boat, painting, cleaning, putter around on the mechanics, or anything than out in a yard. But like everyone has their likes and dislikes living aboard appeals to a lot more of my likes than not.

My 2 cents worth.
GOod post and agree with most of it, except we do use a dehumidifier in winter. Again, good post.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook