SailNet Community - View Single Post - 30' Tri - I know she ain't liveaboard...
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012
Max Hax

blistovmhz is on a distinguished road
Re: 30' Tri - I know she ain't liveaboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by overbored View Post
good looking tri, looks to be well kept. seems like it should worth more than 22. If you are thinking don't wait long it should sell. offer 20 and if you can get it you will enjoy it
Considering it. Right now it's between this and the S2 9.2c for $26k. The S2 is much more liveable and way better equipped. The Tri is pretty bare. Two burner propane stove, a useless sink, manual head, depth finder, rigged for GPS but the handheld wasn't there, has tillerpilot but also not there, and a radar, which he either didn't know how to work or just didn't bring the laptop.
The S2 has a proper 3 burner stove, oven, a wood stove (heater), electric head and sit shower, proper sink, fridge, GPS/depth (no radar), little storage areas throughout, and "feels" much bigger inside.
I love the deck space of the tri but love the interior and ammenities of the S2. Sorta a toss up at this point. The tri is going to be way faster and I'm probably less likely to sink it and die in the ocean (n00b friendly) but is just very sparse. i'm trying to think of ways to outfit the try to be liveaboard friendly.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook