SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working while living aboard
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Working while living aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boating2go View Post
We used one too plus we put "Damp-rid" all around to absorb moisture. You learn when living aboard that heat will generate moisture on a boat in the winter and you have to prepare for it. That is why we'll be in San Diego I don't want to have to shovel the dock every again. lol I remember shoveling the top of the boat one year because the snow was so heavy I worried about the weight on the decks and the top.

One good thing though with the 20kw diesel generator we had on board we were never with out power. I used to have an external plug on the boat so the people on the sailboat next to us could plug in when the power was off. Wasn't hard to put in and man did they appreciate it. She could cook great Canjun food and that was her way of saying thanks, miss those meals.
We had the ramp to the docks freeze one year. THe cart hit it... it was steep... the boat is now in St. Pete... enough said!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook