SailNet Community - View Single Post - BFS Proponent Rescued at Sea
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: BFS Proponent Rescued at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB View Post
He was picked up by a foreign registered freighter bound for Shanghai, which is where he was taken. No US dollars spent. You really might want to do a little research before you type something like that next time?

Back to the karma regarding the rescue of Bela Bartok, Ronnie types on his blog - "Dirk lives aboard the boat, so this is someone's home that we're talking about. Having lost a boat at sea, that I lived on, this is very personal for me to try to help reclaim Dirk's home."

I think he is now at least a +1 on karma with that being accomplished successfully Updates | Singlehanded Transpac | 34 years of racing history!, not to mention his work with wounded warriors - Hope

Ralph
I stand corrected, he's an adventurous hero.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook