SailNet Community - View Single Post - Improving Children's Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Improving Children's Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Good question Brian.

Will have a bit of a think about it.

We certainly got a fair bit of good info from here before we went cruising with the little one. It helped us to figure out how to make it work, and encouraged us that what we were attempting was not complete and utter folly.

Like you said in the other thread, I don't know if there is anything more that YOU can do beyond what you already do to make it happen. I think we all have to do a bit.

I guess practical discussions of what works for people is always good. If we can encourage people to go sailing with their kids whether it be for a day or a year, and give them the information and encouragment to do so confidently and safely that would be something. St Anna, you, Mimsy, Gui and others here all helped me feel like it was something that we could do, and that we should do.

Now if that doesn't work why don't we just post lots of cute pics of kids on boats???

Oh look there's one.....

Great looking kiddo!

I would love to set this up such that we get a lot more cruising boats or LA (Live Aboards) with kids that feel comfortable posting in this forum and that would help set up meets and stuff, and WNW suggested.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook