SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tips For Compound, Polish & Wax
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012

bandaidmd is on a distinguished road
Re: HELP with a bonnet(s) or pad!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15EWSO View Post
I have a Milwaukee 7" buffer I bought used and can't seem to get a handle on the type of pads/buffer that goes with my particular model. It has a hard black rubber disk that came to me with a wool buffer with a hard plastic interior that seems to have the "loop" of the "hook and loop" combination normally referred to as Velcro on the inside. The hard black disk has no "hooks" at all. The Wool pad is fastened to the disk using a metal type bolt that fastens the whole combination together.

My dilemma is that when I go to shop a new set of pads I can't seem to find anything that describes my attachment type. I've seen some sold that tighten with a string too but that is not what I currently have.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Does the shaft on your buffer have external threads? (most of the HD models are 5/8") If so it uses a flanged nut that tucks down under the nap of your buffing pad and sandwichs/clamps the pad and backer togetherusually on this type the backer will have a hex to accept the flange nut.. I had a ole cheepie model made by wen that used a screw into a hollow sfaft on the tool but the principal is the same either way. Post a pic of the machine if you need further help.

Last edited by bandaidmd; 07-21-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook