SailNet Community - View Single Post - Puget Sound vs Lake Washington
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012

Lukewarm is on a distinguished road
Re: Puget Sound vs Lake Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
To my knowledge, there is nothing here in Edmonds. Possibly Everett, shilshoal, Kirkland, Anacortes, bellingham, Olympia and possibly Tacoma/Gig harbor.......that is the best I can do for clubs where you belong, can rent/use the boat as part of your membership.

I know a few that have/do belong to Windworks, all seem to say it is a good program. Not sure about Seattle Sailing. I've thru the grapevne heard some good things about the program in Kirkland, which I believe has a outlet or equal in Olympia.

Reality is, in conditions under 20 knots, ANY of the area's will be fine. BUT, i would stay reasonably far away from the bridges if you can on what ever side the wind is blowing into them, that can be a bit frustrating. scary or deadly if you will in a worst case. Altho frankly, I have not heard of too many of the deadly issues. Overall, Off of Kirkland or Shilshoal would be fine out of any of those programs/ clubs.

Marty
Thanks again Marty. Good to know I've looked into the available options. I'm starting this weekend and the forecasts look fine. Super excited now.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook