SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing from Seattle to Port Townsend for 1st time
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012
New Sailor

SeattleSail is on a distinguished road
Sailing from Seattle to Port Townsend for 1st time

Hi all,
We have a 22' Tanzer and would like to take a week in August to sail to and fro from Seattle to Port Townsend. She's moored in Lake WA and we sail regularly there, tho never enough! I'd say we're beyond novices, fairly experienced in lake sailing, but we've only sailed in the Sound a few times and I'd like some advise.

I know the weather conditions and tides, currents will play a part but how long should it take to get from Shilshole to PT? Is there a good place to stop and tie up somewhere along the way? We have a dog who would love to get out at least once...

I'm trying to learn Seaclear II for navigating. Does anyone in the Seattle area have an hour or so to tutor? I've had it working on my laptop before, but it's been awhile (never really used it).

Any advise or recommendations or suggestions regarding Seaclear would be most appreciated. Have a 6 hp outboard that's fairly new so that's something to fall back on if we need to, I suppose.

Thanks,
SCL
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook