SailNet Community - View Single Post - Classic transat' adventure
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012

Voya is on a distinguished road
Classic transat' adventure

Looking for an old fashioned adventure?
I am crossing from Portugal to Bahamas between Oct 1st and Dec 2012. I am an experienced skipper (RYA Yachtmaster) male 57 and lifelong adventurer, been sailing since before GPS came in but this is my first trans-ocean trip. Boat is a classic wooden ketch recently refitted for long distance solo voyaging. Expect oil lamps and kerosene stove but she also has radar, SSB, E'nav, hot water, mains electrics and winches. What she dosn't have is space, showers, water maker and your own cabin so would probably be looking for male crew.
Shared boat costs if possible and pay your own flights and shore costs.
I have moved to British Columbia from the UK and got the boat as far as Portugal but had to abandon the trip due to weather and work in Dec 2010, after the crossing she will come up to the west coast by truck.
Anyone interested should have some experience of adventure but not nesacerily of sailing, needs to be fit enough to clamber around a small boat for a month sailing down wind (it can get a little rolly) and will require passport valid for Europe and Bahamas and evidence of the ability to repatriate yourself.
Anyone interested contact me here for more details
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook