SailNet Community - View Single Post - What is this??
Thread: What is this??
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: What is this??

Jeff:

When I got my job at Carter's office (the tower) Yves-Marie was top dog. He did all the hull lines and he was very, very good at it. Chuck Paine was next in line with Mark Lindsay and me both working under Yves-Marie and Chuck. I worked with Yves-Marie. It was a lively group and our lunchtime conversations were often stimulating.
As the story was told to me by Yves-Marie and Chuck Paine, Peterson was there for a week and then just disapeared. He simply failed to show up on Monday. The next time they heard of him was when GANBARE won the One Ton NA's. I was there at that time. I took Doug Peterson's place. Maybe Doug looked around and thought to himself, "I can do better than this." And the fact is he could. The good news was I got a job and I learned a lot working with that staff.
Without my time at Carter's I doubt I could ever have come up with the Valiant 40.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 07-24-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook