Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manlius, NY
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Point Jude 16 Information
I am looking for any information, manuals, history, drawings, photos, etc. on the Point Jude 16 daysailer. Please feel free to post any information or materials to this thread.
I own a 1989 manufactured by Starwing.
I have posted some information from various online sources below.
This beautiful daysailer was designed in 1946 by Edson Scholk and over 1,200 boats were built. Clearly, this boat was intended with stability, safety and comfort in mind. Dinghy racing was not on the designer's mind. The 525 lbs hull should keep the 136 sq.ft. sailplan well behaved and stable.
Many well-loved and maintained used boats appear to be available at very reasonable prices. The chined hull will make for relatively flat and dry sailing.
• LOA 15'8"
• Beam 5'11"
• Draft 8" board up, 3’4” board down
• Sail area 136 sqft (main 100 sqft, jib 36 sqft) – traditional tanbark color preferred
• Displacement 525 lbs
• Mast height 23'7"
• 25 cubic feet of lockable storage
• mahogany kickup rudder, traditional laminate tiller
• kickup weighted centerboard
• teak splashrail around cockpit
• teak rub rail
• teak laminate hatch covers (two fore, one aft)
• removable motor mount
• ~3hp motors