SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Boat was Hit Bad
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012
Wish I never found SN!

SimonV will become famous soon enough
Re: My Boat was Hit Bad

Just went through this myself but here in Oz. First thing contact your insurance tell them what happened ASAP and inform them, you are going to claim on the other party's insurance (this covers you, should the other party's insurer tries to weasel out) If you don't have insurance (which is my guess), what ever you do do not tell their insurer this ( as I use an offshore company I would loose some of my no claim bonus so it was not a fib in my case, but the other party insurer did query why I was not using my insurer) Get 2 independent quotes from the best ship rites in your area and a quote from 2 nice motels ( mine offered a flat nightly rate for accommodation). I did not get a survey as I trusted the ship rite and my own observation and experience. Good luck.
This was what I had to contend with http://svgoodonya.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/what-day.html

I love my boat
S/V GOODONYA
Brisbane
present location Heading to the Whitesundays

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DELIVERY SKIPPER
Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic

Last edited by SimonV; 07-25-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook