SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beginning my voyage plan from Fairhaven, MA to Bucksport, ME for July/August...
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012
Bucksport, Maine or Bust

truckmen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to truckmen Send a message via AIM to truckmen Send a message via Yahoo to truckmen Send a message via Skype™ to truckmen
Re: Beginning my voyage plan from Fairhaven, MA to Bucksport, ME for July/August...

More of a clarification of our little voyage may be in order:

So here goes:

My fiancee and I are marrying on 18 August and will be making this our honeymoon sail with our 1972 Tylercraft twin keel with 3.5'-draft from Fairhaven, MA to Bucksport, Maine.

We intend to leisurely sail for ~10 days. Our departure is for around 21 August from Fairhaven, and we plan to pick up a mooring on, or before September 2nd in Bucksport. Among my voyage plan so far are stops at Wellfleet, Provincetown, New Inlet, MA, Somewhere north of Marblehead, Isle of Shoals, York, Portland, ME., locations in Musongus and Penobscot Bays and finally to our mooring.

For the fun, challenge and thriftiness of it, we would like to anchor whenever reasonable possible or stay away from the more pricey moorings and slips until we will absolutely need showers to become "civilized" again.

I am watching the tide/current charts and have tried to plan around them. I also noticed that as we approach the last days of August and first days of September, we will be treated to full-moon-lit nights if the skies cooperate. Hopefully, we may bump into some of your folks who may also take part in the summer's sailing in these areas. We haven't joined a yacht club just yet but should be flying a burgee by the time we depart Fairhaven.

Ralph M Bohm
S/V Alina Marie, a 1972 twin-keel Tylercraft 26
S/V no name yet (a 1960s twin-keel Tylercraft 24)
S/V no name yet (a home-built all-wood 19' centerboard day sailer)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook