SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1981 43' Ta Tong Cape Horn Cutter
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: 1981 43' Ta Tong Cape Horn Cutter

Yes, I agree. It looks to be a bastard child of mine based upon the Polaris 43 hull. So that essentially makes it a Valiant 40 hull with an additional 12" of freeboard. I don't recall a Ta Tong yard but my relationship with the Polaris 43 program was a very rocky one and I distanced myself as much as possible from their efforts. They had no authority to build that boat and they paid no royalties. It was toio close to a Valiant for me to give anyone production rights. It was supposed to be a one off then the crooked client took the plans to Taiwan and announced he would build it in series despite my feelings and ownership of the design. People often ask me about doing business with "crooked Chinese" but underneath almost all the times I was ripped off in Taiwan is a sleezeball American.

I'd like to see a better photo of the deck if you have one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 07-26-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook