SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Boat was Hit Bad
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012

cktalons is on a distinguished road
Re: My Boat was Hit Bad

Capt.aaron,
Fantastic question. I'm anchored in Liberty Bay, WA, which is an enormous anchorage. My boat is a long ways from the traffic coming into and out of the marina. The accident happened on a Tuesday, not on a busy weekend. How this guy hit me, in all that space, when I was out in the boonies, is a real head-scratcher. You, me, the police officer, the insurance surveyor, and the boat yard Rep who came out this morning, as well as everyone I've talked to, would love to know how I got hit. Yep. A puzzler.

The boater had a couple of stories. He left a note in my cockpit saying he lost control of one of his engines while trying to anchor. When he came aboard to tape up the holes he put into my boat, he said it was a transmission problem. I have no idea. I cannot say if there was alcohol involved, nor do I know if the police officer performed any tests.

SmackDaddy, I'd kick those guys butts no problem. Though I think I look about the same when I'm sparring someone...