SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Boat was Hit Bad
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: My Boat was Hit Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.aaron View Post
Sounds like he was drink'n. Too bad they did'nt get his blood alcohol. But hey, I love my boat, it was my grand pa's, I sailed on her as a tot and have lived on her off and on my whole life. She sunk on me when I was visiting my Mom for thanksgivivng 18 years ago, I suspected a local salvager of sabotage. The very next month I went home for christmas and she sunk again!!!!! this time the rudder had fallen out and the water came thru a poorly designed packing gland system, But I had spent all my money on the first sinking. I had to camp on a near by island and make a teepee out of my sails and live like that for a month looking out at my mast sticking out of the water untill I could afford to raise it. That's actually when I met my wife, so look how fortunate my misfortune was. My point is I think you are going to fix this in a timely fashion and I don't think it's totaled your boat. Good luck.
It is actually a good thing they did not, because some insurance policies are written as to deny any coverage if they had been drinking. So it could turn into a real battle and end up with nothing but a lien on a house. I have seen this a lot with car crashes. Insurance companies are always looking for a way to weasel out of a claim.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook