SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beach Cats in Rehab!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Beach Cats in Rehab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmeme View Post
Hmmm, I would have shot it with tractor supply enamel with a hardener added. And they have canary yellow.
Majic® Town & Country Tractor, Truck & Implement, 1 gal., New J D Yellow - 1030928 | Tractor Supply Company
28 bucks a gallon. Me likey. But it says it's only for metals. Also, I don't want to spray. So it's gotta be roller or roll/tip.

I actually, honestly, seriously thought about being uber cheap and spraying it with spray paint. Really. But, as quickly as it would come off, it just wasn't worth the hassle in repainting and touch ups (take the boat apart, masking, etc.).

I figure if I gelcoat it, it should last another 40 years (or until it breaks apart the first time we sail it).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 07-26-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook