SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1973 Grampian 26' -- Opinions & Questions
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 07-27-2012 Thread Starter
Re: 1973 Grampian 26' -- Opinions & Questions

Wow, thanks for all the replies from everyone. I'm looking at the Seafarer this afternoon and the Grampian in about a week. I think I have a good idea of what to check out thanks to you all and from reading in the section on boat purchasing (guess I jumped the gun posting here in the general section). I don't think I'm going to spring for a survey. I feel somewhat competent in evaluating the condition of many of the components that have been noted. I've been on boats most of my life, and done a fair amount of repair/maintenance work on boats, just have never been a purchaser of an older boat.

I really think I'm leaning toward the Grampian for many of the reasons noted here. I have a feeling that the Seafarer will show better--it may be a cleaner boat and it is almost 10 years newer. But a few key features have me rooting for the Grampian: More room below, the outboard, and a lot of solid reviews from actual owners. Not to mention a lower price. Now to convince my wife.... She'll go on curb appeal at first.

Will keep you updated.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome