SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1973 Grampian 26' -- Opinions & Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012

caberg is on a distinguished road
Re: 1973 Grampian 26' -- Opinions & Questions

Wow, thanks for all the replies from everyone. I'm looking at the Seafarer this afternoon and the Grampian in about a week. I think I have a good idea of what to check out thanks to you all and from reading in the section on boat purchasing (guess I jumped the gun posting here in the general section). I don't think I'm going to spring for a survey. I feel somewhat competent in evaluating the condition of many of the components that have been noted. I've been on boats most of my life, and done a fair amount of repair/maintenance work on boats, just have never been a purchaser of an older boat.

I really think I'm leaning toward the Grampian for many of the reasons noted here. I have a feeling that the Seafarer will show better--it may be a cleaner boat and it is almost 10 years newer. But a few key features have me rooting for the Grampian: More room below, the outboard, and a lot of solid reviews from actual owners. Not to mention a lower price. Now to convince my wife.... She'll go on curb appeal at first.

Will keep you updated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook