SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising in a Hunter?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012

SloopNanoose is on a distinguished road
Re: Cruising in a Hunter?

It's true, I am inexperienced in offshore sailing, though I have seen what the seas are like across the pacific from San Diego to Hawaii, and on to the Philippines etc. though I was neither under sail, nor on a small boat. That was another life and a totally different circumstance, however, I did see the waters, the swells, and a few storms as well. My experience has so far been on the Puget sound and in the San Juan Islands.

So I still need to get out of the US for a few months for tax reasons, and I want to get back to my boat and to sailing. So here's a new plan, though not quite so monumental it will still qualify as being in a foreign country, and its another thing I have wanted to do since I bought my boat. I'll execute the plan I had already devised of sailing through the San Juan Islands taking Photos for a book, then stop in Port Townsend to re-provision, and possibly change crew. Then I will head north and find the inlet that shares its name with my boat (Nanoose Bay) Then I can take Nanoose to a broker and find out how much I can get from her toward something more offshore worthy. Then, I can fly to the Caribbean to sit out the rest of my 330 days.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook