SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising in a Hunter?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
Re: Cruising in a Hunter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopNanoose View Post
Is this your boat??? That is a beautiful boat, and I wild definatley be interested. The price I'm able to get for Nanoose would determine whether I could do that one or not. I've been seeing many Tartans on the east coast, and I love their character. What is their reputation for upwind performance and seaworthiness?

Thank you

Mike
NO not my boat. I have a new Bombay Trading Company Explorer 44 and am retired onboard, sailing the Eastern Caribbean. The Tartan 34 has a rep as being pretty good sailing boat but out here if you pick your days you can avoid being hard on the wind and most boats go well between the islands.

But the whole point of my suggestion is that by STARTING in Trinidad and sailing back to the USA you will be going with the wind and current. So the sailing is easy as is the living!

Even the boats that do not sail too well will make that trip easily, so the boat is not too important. Most anything will do even a small Wharram catamaran. [ Hmm maybe need to put on the nomex knickers after that comment and prepare for incoming ]

Attitude and some resourcefullness is more important than the boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook