SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hey from Kingston, Ontario!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012

shaynerama is on a distinguished road
Re: Hey from Kingston, Ontario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalina-Lona View Post
Hi Shane,

We are looking at buying a 1980 CS27 in Toronto and hope to bring her home (Port Dalhousie) We are totally new to sailing and hope this boat will work for us.
Shane, are you happy with your decision and have you been able to locate manuals online?

Cheers,

Ron
Hey Ron,

The decision that we have made is a great one. we recently had an inspection done on the boat and it is in imaculate shape strucutey! fortunately for us, the previous owner had allot of information on the boat such as manuals for the yanmar engine and even the original options list from when it was bought! besides that, because it is a fairly popular boat, I have managed to find allot of info online, and even on this forum from other owners. And like you Im new to sailing (at least in keel boats, I have much experiance with dinghys) it nis a great boat. handles like a champ, although at times the engine (I have a yanmar 8 diesel) may seem underpowered at speed, but it is perfect for marina handling. Mine is a 77' so the styling cues are differant but both the 77' and the 80' are handsome boats.

Sorry for the late reply, but if you need any more information or any help with finding anything (schematics, manuals) dont hesitate to ask, and I can see what I can do.

Cheers, Shayne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook