SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hey from Kingston, Ontario!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012

shaynerama is on a distinguished road
Re: Hey from Kingston, Ontario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-sailer View Post
Hey yourself.... I too am from Kingston. I have mine at Treasure Island.

I however CAN NOT support the recommendation of Pride Marine as above. I find them expensive and they will not price match as other providers will, I also find them not the least bit helpful. I have attempted to deal there on a few occasions but now I never go there and neither does anyone I personally know.

We all deal with The Chandlery in Ottawa. Same products, much better prices and very helpful. They mail order also. We drive up, usually with a big shopping list and then do the town at the same time. Makes for a nice day.

But, as always suit yourself....

Where do you have your boat.?? POH, Collins?
Hey! It just so happens Im a hop skip and a jump down the Bateau at Trident! (not our first choice because of location relative to the lake, but hey, seasonal slippage came with the boat!)

I'd honestly have to agree with you about pride marine, in that its mostly there to satisfy the quick fix on a boat, which I admit- did for us because of the pieces we needed to step the mast. but this chandlary place.... Ive never heard of it. Although, upon looking it up I may have to go there to get one of those "kid in a candy store" feelings. It really looks like a place that ill have to visit.

Shayne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook