SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by APP Mode View Post
I saw Bavaria web site. There are some interesting videos to see about the new Vision 46 with BAVARIA producer manager, and the new features on this boat, in my opinion are very well planed.

I think that other brands should look to this and try do the same. With " less money" you find there a motivation to buy this boat.

When i say " less money " i mean this brand is in general cheaper.

Nordics brands ( HR, Najad, Nautor Swan, X-Yachts and etc...) just announce new models with their scandinavian high-quality building, but we don't see the implement of new features that can help solo sailors.

Bavaria improved their design. But how does these boats behave in blue water passage making?

Another brand announcement is Hallberg-Rassy with is new 55, that will replace the 54. Cockpit is similar to the 412

Hallberg-Rassy - Yachts - Center Cockpit Boats
Yes, I think the Bavaria Vision is a better boat in what regards bluewater cruising than the "normal" cruising version and a boat that can be adapted to extensive cruising.

But I don't agree with you in what regards HR not implementing new features that permits the boats to be solo sailed. Fact is that even the big ones can be solo sailed.

Recently a lady journalist tested for Yachting world the HR 64 and she solo sailed the boat and as you can see the conditions were demanding.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook