SailNet Community - View Single Post - The great sailboat giveaway!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012

RayThackeray is on a distinguished road
Re: The great sailboat giveaway!

We are only connected with the Floating Doctors by providing a link to their site because we admire what they are doing. To my knowledge, they are still operating and doing a great job helping underprivileged coastal communities. Perhaps you are thinking of another organization?

Is there a requirement for a nonprofit to clear with the moderators? I looked through the policies, and it wasn't too clear. Perhaps the moderators will contact me if this is outside of policies, though I'd find it difficult to understand why it would be wrong for a charity to search for a crew for one of our disaster relief boats...

I don't know what happened to your search, but I can assure you that GDACS (Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System) is a most respectable network, a cooperation framework between the United Nations, the European Commission and disaster managers worldwide to improve alerts, information exchange and coordination in the first phase after major sudden-onset disasters.

I can assure you that the video you mention is actually me. We are very cheap, I recorded it with my smartphone and clipped it together on my PC. My apologies if somehow the soundtrack is not properly synched, but when I view it online it appears to be OK.

Yes, we are a new organization. Is that wrong?

But the confluence with easy WiFi/smartphone/internet access by cruisers around the world is, for the first time, making it possible for this kind of organization to exist; read more here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Uh...lets see some real credentials! IE, letters from known Disaster relief agencies for example.

Did you clear your out of the blue proposal with the Moderators here on SN?

free and boat should never be used in the same sentence..

Oh.. your connected with sailing doctors! another outfit that poofed in and out.

GDACS.org doesn't produce anything but timed out searches

your video is a voice over the person talking

Your website has only had about 231 hits as of when I checked it. Kinda new website it seems to be
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook