SailNet Community - View Single Post - why I like Sailnet
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012

dylanwinter1 is on a distinguished road
why I like Sailnet

Some of you may know I am a bit promiscuous when it comes to forums

partly it is the time zones

The British forums quit at about 11.00 our time just when you chaps are getting into your stride and I still have a few more hours at the desk

they get horribly excited about flags and radio procedures

I love seeing sailing reports on here such as the one up the West Coast - brilliant. These are places I shall never, ever see.

There are also some astonishing writers on here - the threads can head off in the craziest directions

the mix of Aussies, Kiwis, Yanks and Canucks is a wonderful one

it produces culture clashes and harmonious insanity

there is humour - right on the edge - without slipping over to the angry, insane, vituperation you get on sailing anarchy.

I also spend some time on the trailer sailer Bulletin board because I own and run a trailer sailer - what those guys don't know about towing, launching, mast raising is not worth knowing. They are also the most rediculously supportive group of people you could ever imagine.

But this is a wonderful place - the tone is perfect

I am also going to pee in Wombats pocket here

(where the heck does that phrase come from)

and say that this place is amazingly well run and they have only pulled one of my threads - although they left one that was an outragous promo for champagne - as far as I could see it was left up because it was posted by a person with breasts as opposed to an ugly old brit with double chins

all round chaps.... pleased you are here

Dylan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook