SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hey from Kingston, Ontario!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012

shaynerama is on a distinguished road
Re: Hey from Kingston, Ontario!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-sailer View Post
Shayne;

You will definitely get that "kid in a candy store" feel when you walk into the door of The Chandlery. It's a small place but literally walls filled to the ceiling with every boating thing you can imagine and Steve is a super nice guy willing to help with anything. Just go for a drive and curiosity. I also have dealt with West Marine in Kingston. Ruth, the manager is good too and they price match to anywhere cheaper. Pride won't.

Pride is the old KYC mentality. Times are changing and they haven't figured that out yet.

Example of KYC mentality: We sailed into a little harbour which contains mooring balls owned by KYC and as we sail in we get yelled at by KYC members on the dock there wanting to know if we have THE RIGHT to use their balls (like they own the entire bay), before we even get to the balls. I anchored past them. Ignorant..!!

Oh well it takes all kinds.

Trident is a nice place. You should enjoy it there although you have to sail a bit to get out into the lake. Just watch the cable ferry.

So what's the name of your boat?? I'll keep an ear out for ya on the water..
Couldn't agree more about the mentality of Pride, they should take a more laid back approach on things! (especially about the balls in the bay.... jeeesh)

but as for the Chandlary..... You have me tempted, though I may just spend my whole paycheck there! the boat's name is "After Five", shes a blue hull (kind of faded, in need of a buffing) with a white deck, we are usually out at the 40 acres (thats what ive been led to beleive its called) but we may be heading down to the lake here in the next week or so for a good run to the main duck possibly!

Also, what might I see you sailing along? I work at Confed basin (dockhand) so I may see you if you are in town!

Shayne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook