SailNet Community - View Single Post - Let's talk about anchors some more
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: Let's talk about anchors some more

Thank's . I've used them on other peoples boats, Not the Mantus but the light Delta, on deliveries and what not. I'm still getting an over sized one and still like heavy gear. I'll be keeping my 5/8 chain. I belive the hype on the Mantus. I think it will reset like they say just by looking at it. I anchor very gently even under sail in high winds but I'll be even more carefull with this fast setting thing. The other thing I like about the Mantus is the price! I think these guy's are in the game for real. I may loose the danforth on the bow and get a small mantus ( the one they recomend for a 28 footer) and keep it stowed away in the laz as a quik deploy. My big boy storm anchor goes where I go and my folding fisherman is a piece of art. I started this thread in the hopes that people will upsize at least one weight class above the recomended to help the dragging epidemic. Your fair weather bay day sailor and summer cruiser who anchors less in 2 years than some of us do in the month of jan. and mostly go from yacht club to yacht club were'nt my target for the discussion but somehow those guy's found the most need to defend their setup's. Judging by how many people actually read the dialogue I bet there is one person out there that will buy some 3/8 chain before they take off to the Carribean or where ever and maybe some people will try out the Mantus. All in all it's a win win, I learned something about moderns and even more about a couple of the gentleman who post here. I stand by my mantra BIG GOOD BIGGER BETTER!

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 08-01-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook