SailNet Community - View Single Post - No A/C when motoring?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Re: No A/C when motoring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewgyver View Post
This is getting a bit off topic. The current draw of any refrigeration circuit is dependent on the cooling load. The factors that determine the load include the temperature and humidity both in the area being cooled and the outside air, where the heat is being rejected. A typical 3 ton condenser (the exterior component on a typical central A/C) has a 30 amp MAXIMUM overcurrent protection requirement. Yours may be on a 40 amp breaker, but shouldn't be, and if you look in the disconnect you'll probably find 30 amp fuses. My house's 3 ton (36,000 btu/hr) condenser runs about 18-20 amps fully loaded (measured last week, with outdoor temp >100 F) , and it's 19 years old.
Eh? I'm talking in general about how much has changed since the hundreds of systems I've designed and installed, serviced, repaired, replaced, since the late 70s Not "mine" Many new machines are using 2 speed scroll comps, variable speed blowers, piston comps are slowly disappearing from air conditioning equipment.

a 19 year old machine is old from an energy use comparison even though it may be still be in good running condition. You may want to ck into a new 16 SEER 2 speed scroll comp condenser and variable speed air handler... just saying.. but it is very $$$

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook