SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2 9.2c - for liveaboard - thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012
Max Hax

blistovmhz is on a distinguished road
Re: S2 9.2c - for liveaboard - thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobnets View Post
Regarding the original post and pictures. Has anybody noticed there's a different paint job between the picture of the boat at anchor and the picture of the boat on the hard? Cove stripe has disappeared on the picture of the boat on the cradle.

Mobnets
1973 Paceship Chance 32/28 "Westwind"
Heh. The stripe is new. Currently on the boat. Talked to the owner. Said the spot in photo is from camera. I asked around a bit and no one recalls any major work being done to the keel. Just new gelcoat. The owner assured me that if I do buy it, I can haul it out and won't see the spot.

I also asked though about the engine having no oil pan. As the bilge access is right below the engine, it's difficult to see what's going on down there. This was the only major concern for me as there looked to be a bit of oil coating the sides of the bilge. Owner says the motor does leak a few drops every few months but that oil changes show no noticeable decrease in levels. He apparently put some oil absorbant in the bilge (which is that rag I thought I saw). Thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook