SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1973 Grampian 26' -- Opinions & Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012

caberg is on a distinguished road
Re: 1973 Grampian 26' -- Opinions & Questions

Well, sort of a complete about-face, but today we purchased the Seafarer 26 and I could not be happier. After viewing the Seafarer I was sold. It had obviously been very well maintained and cared for, which became obvious when I learned from the broker that the owners are neighbors of my parents on Lake Champlain. I had not known these folks very well, but they couldn't have been nicer. They spent all morning with me rigging the boat, going over all the systems, and even offered to go out on the water to sail. They babied this boat since 1984 after buying it from the original owners who had apparently sailed a handful of times on it. They had hardly used the yanmar, having a mooring which they could sail from. They sold it with a ton of gadgets and equipment way too numerous to list. I didn't even have to show up with a life jacket.

Anyway, I'm beyond excited. So is my wife (very important) and my 3 year old boy. So, on our maiden voyage today, we had maybe 10 knots of wind for about an hour, and just flew the 150 genoa (on CDI roller furling, which is awesome). After the wind died, we spent the afternoon doing cannonballs into the lake and just lounging around. Here's my boy, it was nearly impossible to get him out of the water.

I've got about 40 miles to go tomorrow to get it to our mooring. Supposed to be a nice day and can't wait!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook