SailNet Community - View Single Post - My Boat was Hit Bad
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012

cktalons is on a distinguished road
Re: My Boat was Hit Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
"I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! "
CK, I'm thinking of suing my school system, because they failed to mention "The world is not a fair place" back when I was in grade school. Runs contrary to the whole Superman-Metropolis-mom and apple pie thing, but there it is.
What?????? You mean the world isn't fair?!

This is a frustrating problem, folks, and it's not getting better. I'm doing my absolute best to approach this problem as level-headed and as logical as possible. I'm going through the motions, taking it step by step, not over-reacting. I love and appreciate all the great legal and insurance advice that this forum has given, and I am grateful for the support from my fellow sailors and liveaboards. Truly. However, I'm not soliciting lessons on life's unfairness, or how to keep it all in perspective (I am keeping it in perspective). I know many of you are trying to make me feel better, and I understand that. Is having a hole in my home the worst possible thing to ever happen to me in the history of the world? Of course not, it isn't close. But it's a problem that needs solving nonetheless, and so far the people responsible for the incident, and thus the ones responsible for solving the problem, have been...well not very timely (I'm being decent in my word choice when describing these people). And that's frustrating. It's maddening. I'm not sure anyone would react differently than what I'm doing now. I guess I'm writing as I live: honestly. If that bothers you, I'm sorry. Be glad that you're not my mother, imagine all the cheerleading she has to do! Right now the only way this situation gets better is if it's fixed. It's hard to take my mind off having a hole in my home. I'm feeling frustrated, I'm feeling upset, displaced, out of sorts, because my home and haven has been damaged. Believe me, I'd much rather be cheery and upbeat, making jokes.

It's been nearly two weeks since the incident, it'll take at least two weeks to have the boat fixed. Living in the Pacific Northwest means my weather window is quite limited. Meanwhile, summer is disappearing and a wet and cold winter is coming closer. I'm on a clock.

At this rate it looks like I won't hear back from BoatUS, the ramming party's insurance company, until next week. I'll post again when I know more.

Peace out,
Courtney