SailNet Community - View Single Post - where to put a bilge pump on '69 columbia 26' mk 2?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012

Luap Obazs is on a distinguished road
where to put a bilge pump on '69 columbia 26' mk 2?

I've had my 1969 Columbia 26 ft Mark 2 for 10 years now and have had just a water pump under the galley sink with intake hose routed from there down under the galley floor panel with the discharge to sink drain (tee with a shut off valve) but my pump just went out. We are in Catalina (two harbors 23 miles from our marina). I have a submersable bilge pump in the closet and would like to put it in for the sail home tomorrow, but in 10 years I have never seen where the designers intended one to go. Anyone have an idea? I think my ice box drain discharges water to the section under the galley floor panel for some reason. If not I take on a very small amount over an extended weekend trip like this. Funny but in port it is dry as a bone which is why I think it is the ice box. Nonetheless, I do need to drop in a pump and the space I see is not tall enough to fit one. Any help is appreciated. If I can, will post pucs. I know how interesting interior photos are for other columbia mk 2 owners are (I love them). Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook